Task 3: Dragons and dragon-like serpents (imugi) are important to Korean mythology (as they are to that of other Asian peoples). So – which are your favorite literary dragons (fictional, mythological, whatever)?

I first fell in love with dragons way back in the late seventies, when I read Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider books, where dragons of different colour and abilities form symbiotic relationships with their riders. These were fun but were really more about the riders than the dragons.

I had to wait nearly thirty years for a dragon series that ixed that.

E. E. Knight's "Age Of Fire" series is told from the dragon's point of view, starting the adventure of Auron, a rare and vulnerable scaleless grey dragon, born into a world where dragons are being hunted to extinction by dwarves, elves and humans. This is a series where I got to cheer for the dragon, although not all dragons are nice.

I read the first three books as they came out. I've only recently discovered that Knight wrote three more, so this is a series I'll reacquaint myself with.

If these are new to you, I strongly recommend them.

If you've read them, I'd love to know what you think, especially of the books 4-6.