taeks.004

I'm having fun with the books but being selective about which tasks I do (translation: I live and breathe reading but many of these tasks are either beyond me or so far outside my experience I have nothing to offer).

bath guildhall marketSince the last update, the only task I've completed is book-related: Mawlid An-Nabi - Task 2 Setting books free

I've been more successful with the books where I've completed three very good books:

Crimson Lake audiobook coverisbn978140917105832681108

I'm running a little behind on reviews but that's mostly because the books were good and I need to think about what to say.

I'm enjoying searching out books to fit the Doors as they open. My Festive Bookshelf makes me itchy to spend more time reading.

feative update 4.shelf

I'm part way through three very different types of books at the moment:

On-Turpentine-Lane-600x906

"On Turpentine Lane" which I picked because the cover was green so I could use it for Mawlid An-Nabi and which I've only just understood is a light romance.

In the Bleak TP"In The Bleak Midwinter" which is the beginning of a crime series featuring a newly appointed woman priest and a local police chief. The snow makes it seasonally appropriate (although the murder and the lies aren't at all festive) and the fact that the lead character is a cleric qualifies it for International Day of Penance

The-Devil_s-Apprentice_l"The Devil's Apprentice" is the start of a Danish YA series, only recently translated into English, that Olga put me on to. It's about a good boy who is mistakenly sent to Hell and the trouble that causes for the Devil. So far I've learnt that you should never trust cats, especially talking cats. As the first book in a series, it qualifies for Saint Andrew's Day.