Fangs - A.E. Howe

Apologies for the multiple authors cited for this book. BL wouldn't let me add it with just A. E. Howe as the author. This is odd as he has sixteen books to his name.

Anyway, this is one of his most recent offerings and, if you're still hungry for some Halloween fun, you might want to take a look.

This is a fresh, fast, fun read. Set in the early 1930s, it tells the story of a single woman from Alabama who, to honour her father's dying wish, travels, accompanied only by her black maid, to the Carpathian mountains to scatter her grandfather's ashes in "The Old Country". When she returns, she has a rather unusual companion in tow. One who can't go out in the day.,,

This is much more about fun than fear. but it isn't totally light-weight. Showing how dangerous it was for a black woman to travel at that time isn't something I've often found in novels. I'm only a third of the way through but so far, it's making me smile. It's certainly providing much-needed light relief from reading "Z for Zachariah".

This is the first book in a series. The second is already in print.