20180928 Halloween Bingo Update.001

I've got two more books on the board this week and I've had one of the ones I've already read called. Having read twelve books out of twenty-five, I'm on track for a Blackout Bingo but I've not had any one line bingos yet.

Relics and Curiosities Mike Finn Halloween Bingo Card-001

angelfall__121114230611I found "Angelfall", the first book in a YA trilogy, on the list for the Relics and Curiosities square.

I can't believe I missed this one. It's original and engaging. The good news is that the whole trilogy has been published so I won't have to wait to find out what happens next.

amateur sleuth Mike Finn Halloween Bingo Card-020Lethal White by Robert Galbraith USOne of my best reads of the Halloween Bingo was "Lethal White"the new Cormoran Strike book by Robert Galbraith.

It's 650 pages long and I was still sad to see it end. This is probably the best book of the series so far.

I'm currently reading three books, none of which give me an extra line but they've all snagged my attention.

Terrifying Women Mike Finn Halloween Bingo CardDark Matter"Dark Matter" got pushed aside by "Lethal White" but I'm enjoying what I've listened to so far.

It's told in a journal format that gets me inside the mind of the lower-middle-class man writing it. He sees himself as having "missed his chance" through no fault of his own. He's in a party made up of privileged, educated young men, set on an arctic adventure. The class differences are called out clearly but I'm by how similar they all are in their innocent unpreparedness and their unconscious sense of invulnerability.

a grimm tale Mike Finn Halloween Bingo Card-023stepsister schemeI've just started "The Stepsister Scheme" by Jim C Hines and I'm having a great time. This wasn't what I'd planned to read but once I saw it, I couldn't resist.  I loved his "Terminal Alliance"science fiction novel but I didn't know he'd started with fantasy.

"The Stepsister Scheme" has three Princesses in it but they're nothing like Disney Princesses. They're more like women. Talented, resourceful, dangerous women. You'll recognise all of them but you've never seen them like this.

The Halloween Party genre suspense Mike Finn Halloween Bingo Card-009Jennifer's Booksput me on to "The Halloween Party", a late Agatha Christies Poirot novel. It sounds like great fun and what could be more appropriate for Halloween Bingo?